AP Poll... Navy. Where Are They?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

AP Poll... Navy. Where Are They?

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Okay, so a 7-2 record isn't good enough to get them in the top 25? Opponents are 46 and 34. This Navy team beat the Houston team that beat Oklahoma. The two losses Navy has came to two teams with a combined 16 and 4 record. Even Congrove has them at #26. Where is the love for Navy?

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: AP Poll... Navy. Where Are They?

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:40 am

The Massey Football Composite of 115 computer rankings has Navy at #35...

Sagarin has them at #54..

Navy has played no one in the Sagarin Top 30 except for that early game against Oklahoma...and sure, Navy beat Houston but so did Southern Methodist.

They could be #25 in AP..in my mind, there is little difference between numbers 24-30..

I find the difference between the AP 25 and the CFP Rankings 25 to be interesting at the bottom of the rankings
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Yeah. I didn't go that in depth to see who else Navy played and who beat who. I knew someone would find a factor I didn't look at or look for. I am meaning none of that with an attitude edge. I just thought that in doing my rankings, Navy is way up there. Not sure why. It is more of a cumulative power ranking I guess. So, some teams are lower than what I thought they should be. But still Navy is high in my poll. I have looked at many other type of rankings and Navy is in there top 20 or so. Just thinking about it.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:36 pm

They have certainly had some entertaining wins the last couple weeks, ND and Tulsa. Worth has been a nice replacement at QB for them. Thankfully he is a senior but I'm not even sure it matters. I look forward to them playing in the conf championship game. I believe a win over a struggling ECU would give them the division. Nothing would be better than ending the streak with Navy coming in on a high from a conf title :twisted: .

Leading in to the season I had high hopes for the game in Baltimore but now I only expect more heartache. Another close game that Army will somehow manage to ruin with bad play calling and crucial turnovers.

Return to “General Discussion”