Boise St v San Jose

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Boise St v San Jose

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:44 am

Boise wins but does not look that great. SJSU defense was excellent against the pass and the run. BSU has some talented players and the make play happen, but in terms of execution, San Jose was the better of the two last night. Boise has some good young players, Madison, a running back is one, but there needs to be so O line improvement. One problem Boise has is they lose so many assistant coaches each year for that get bigger school job offers. Price of success. Some good games today. Ohio St v Nebraska will be the end for one of the teams. Alabama will be upset. A & M will also be upset. Washingon will crush and FSU a squeaker. (Why am I watching an ad banner about tanks blowing each other up on the top of this screen? Pretty distracting)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Boise St v San Jose

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:28 pm

One correct on A & M prediction.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:57 pm

I don't know why, but I was thinking Clemson was on upset alert. Syracuse is bad...just a feeling. (But there is a reason I don't gamble.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Boise State should be making bank on coaching development and royalties. I do not like the current system, but don't know if there is an answer.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:58 pm

WoVeU wrote:I don't know why, but I was thinking Clemson was on upset alert. Syracuse is bad...just a feeling. (But there is a reason I don't gamble.)

I felt this way too -- however, the Tigs are up 23-0 at the moment, and currently have the ball in 'Cuse's territory.

The Orange simply cannot tackle.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 pm

:lol: Yeah, I was off a little bit...don't even know what really drove the feeling I have hardly seen the Orange this year.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:09 am

donovan wrote: Ohio St v Nebraska will be the end for one of the teams. Alabama will be upset. A & M will also be upset. Washingon will crush and FSU a squeaker. (Why am I watching an ad banner about tanks blowing each other up on the top of this screen? Pretty distracting)

Not bad, only Alabama did not get upset but they can hardly be number one this week. (I do not care for Bobby Petrino but I am afraid he is correct. This Committee is swayed by blowouts...And you saw it this week by schools that do not normally do that.)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:51 am

Alabama will be #1 until beaten.

They wear the big bulls eye...and as long as they win they will be numero uno.

They play a different brand of ball than the spread 'em out high flying offenses...but they do run it down your throat and play defense.

Sometimes not pretty (and I wish that Jimbo wasn't a Saban disciple).
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:35 am

Boise State V San Jose starts so late here in the Eastern Time Zone (10:15 with kickoff around 10:30)...I never get to watch games like these....

If I wasn't a troglodyte, I could record. But I seldom record games and watch them when they are not live.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:41 pm

billybud wrote:Alabama will be #1 until beaten.

They wear the big bulls eye...and as long as they win they will be numero uno.

They play a different brand of ball than the spread 'em out high flying offenses...but they do run it down your throat and play defense.

Sometimes not pretty (and I wish that Jimbo wasn't a Saban disciple).

I like that kind of football. Ball control and defense.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”