New World Order

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

New World Order

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:56 pm

Such a weird season...

Wake Forest, so far, is doing well in ACC?...A team that doesn't usually break .500 in conference. Is Wake getting good or is it that the competition is off this year? I think I know which.

Indiana beats Iowa? What's with that? Iowa should be far better than hapless Indiana.

Vandy wins over Georgia?...I know, we saw it coming from as far as the bowl game. Georgia ain't as good as they once were...The Dawgs barely pulled past Colorado by one point, got by a really bad Ole Miss team by just 5 points, and than got pasted by the Vols.

Cincinatti on the 16, driving for the win against Louisville but doesn't make it in the last seconds of the 4th. A let down by the Cards? Or is Cincy coming on?

I love college football...upsets, drama, pageantry gang fights...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:04 pm

I love college football...upsets, drama, pageantry gang fights...

Yup, especially the upsets. I've been waiting for a week like this because college football has been really lacking in terms of big upsets.

I honestly think Wake is a little better than usual and the rest of the ACC is a little worse than usual. Even so, the ACC is still one of the best conferences in the country because the Big 12 is kind of bad overall, the Big 10 has nobody outside of Ohio State and Michigan, the Pac-10 isn't good enough outside of Cal, Oregon, and USC, and the Big East is still repairing the damage. The state of college football is kind of ugly, there are a lot more bad teams, or so it seems.

Iowa was vastly overrated. #15? I could tell from day 1 they played Montana that for some reason, they just aren't that great.

Georgia has really appeared to take a step back. So has Alabama.

As for the Cincy/Louisville thing, I think it's a little bit of both. #1, it's a rivalry game, #2 Cincy is better than last year, #3 Brohm was injured, and #4 Louisville expected to roll over the Bearcats. It was a pretty exciting finish.

Well, those are just my thoughts.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:08 pm

Other than the Florida/Auburn finish...I liked the Louisville/Cincy finish as best this week....fun to watch, unless you are a fan of either team.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Yeah, too bad Cincy couldn't pull it off. I think they had a false start and then a dropped pass that would've went for 7 yards or so. Would've made a much more manageable 4th down :cry:

ESPNU has been host of some really exciting games so far.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”