Impotent Thoughts For The Weak..or Week

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Impotent Thoughts For The Weak..or Week

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Alabama v None - How can things get better for you when you do nothing?

Louisville v Virginia - Both teams lose. Louisville gets no love for a win against Virginia and Mendenhall couldn't close.

Boise State v Wyoming - Leading for 58 minutes just doesn't work. A loss on a safety will mean a tough practice week. Wyoming is tough.

West Virginia v Oklahoma St. - Curtains for WV hopes of the pie in the sky and Oklahoma needs to reflect back to Central Michigan

Michigan v Michigan State - Alway good to beat a rival no matter how bad they are

Florida v Georgia - I would think no one wants Florida to make you irrelevant.

Miami v Notre Dame - Unless it is Notre Dame

Texas v Baylor - Good for Strong and who cares about Baylor?

Western Michigan v None - Another team that improved their lot by doing nothing with Boise's help.

Nebraska v Wisconsin - New coach and one loss, not bad. Next week v Ohio State may be the game of the week, but not the weak.

Utah v Washington - Petersen might be for real. Punt coverage might be on Utah's practice schedule this week.

Florida St v Clemson - A nailbiter, best game I watched, maybe this year. I so wanted Clemson to lose. Note to Fisher: Quit whining.

Oregon Oregon State v Everyone - Oregonians only bowling this year will be is in a smoke filled room with a lot of noise, drunken keglers, and watered down beer
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Re: Impotent Thoughts For The Weak..or Week

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:18 am

The best thing about Wyoming's win over Boise State (sorry Donovan) is that we can start a new chain: Boise State lost to Wyoming who lost to Eastern Michigan who lost to Miami Ohio who lost to Eastern Illinois who lost to Murray State :D

Like you said though, this does clear the way for Western to get in, although Toledo does stand in their way. Toledo lost to Ohio last week, but I'm not kidding when I say that Logan Woodside is playing some of the best football in the country at QB. I'd honestly say he's at least a top 10 QB in the nation at this point. Which is saying something because I'd have Browning, Jackson, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Trubisky ahead of him. And if I were starting a college football team, I'd probably draft J.T. Barrett and Kizer for their dual-threat option game and, yeah, give me Deshaun Watson. But he's in that company. If Woodside can hone his skill for another year and get even better, I think we're talking mid-round NFL prospect.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 am

I think FSU got hosed on that the block in the "back" call. He may have been flagged for the trip, but I think that was incidental. I would have swallowed the whistle there. And it changed the entire complexion of the game.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 am

We'll see what the CFP committee does with Western and Boise State. I could still see them ranking Boise ahead of WMU just based on perceived conference strength and Boise's win over Washington State, which is better than Western's wins over Illinois and Northwestern (who, the following week, lost to Illinois State 9-7). Whether or not that's fair, I don't know. I'm also worried that they'll be tempted to put in an 11-2 Houston team, 11-2 South Florida, or an 11-2 Navy over an undefeated MAC champion. I suppose it's defensible theoretically, but I'm a homer :lol:

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Eric wrote:I think FSU got hosed on that the block in the "back" call. He may have been flagged for the trip, but I think that was incidental. I would have swallowed the whistle there. And it changed the entire complexion of the game.

That call taking back the long run and the associated penalties resulted in pushing FSU back 57 yards and affected the game outcome..From being in scoring position to the shadow of your goal posts. The number of plays called or not called on FSU lead even folks not prone to conspiracy theory to wonder if Clemson's place in the playoff wasn't being protected.

Good for Jimbo...put 'em on notice that you won't lie down and will not go quietly. $20,000 fine? He knew it would cost him...and I applaud him.

Sometimes it is right to be wrong.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:40 pm

billybud wrote:
Eric wrote:I think FSU got hosed on that the block in the "back" call. He may have been flagged for the trip, but I think that was incidental. I would have swallowed the whistle there. And it changed the entire complexion of the game.

That call taking back the long run and the associated penalties resulted in pushing FSU back 57 yards and affected the game outcome..From being in scoring position to the shadow of your goal posts. The number of plays called or not called on FSU lead even folks not prone to conspiracy theory to wonder if Clemson's place in the playoff wasn't being protected.

Good for Jimbo...put 'em on notice that you won't lie down and will not go quietly. $20,000 fine? He knew it would cost him...and I applaud him.

Sometimes it is right to be wrong.

Me too. You can't sit on your hands when you are being wronged.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:23 am

That call was a joke. It had all of the looks of referencing the rankings before reaching for the hanky.

Clemson is sitting pretty at #2 in the nation but from what I have seen on the field I am not so sure they aren't the 3rd best team in their conference.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm not so sure 3rd best, however, they may very well be interchangeable with at least 1 other in the ACC.

With the solid play by the top programs in the conference, I just do not see a clear best team this season. Come next year, Clemson will have a tough time maintaining their position as leader of the pack. Maybe winning the conference this season will give them a recruiting edge. But that gap is small at the moment.

The ACC will either be wide open next year ... or it could just be Louisville's.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Still plenty of season left and the ACC is kind of a mine field this year.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “General Discussion”