Another classic FSU-Miami game...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Another classic FSU-Miami game...

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:13 am

This game, in the newly named Hard Rock stadium, will go down in FSU lore as the "Block in the Rock".

Miami's wide left PAT that would have tied the game with little time left was karma defined. The bad ju-ju on kicks went the other way and I hope that Bobby was grinning.

As usual, this game was one of the hardest fought, big hit games that you will see....Miami's Kayaa playing on after having his molar knocked out (it is smash mouth football), & FSU's Francois coming back after being barely able to lift his throwing arm due to an injured shoulder.

This rivalry is as much an officiated brawl as a football game...

FSU is not real good this year...but in a rivalry game like this one always is...it has been a matter of staying on your feet, absorbing the punishment, and fighting hard in the last round.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Another classic FSU-Miami game...

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:34 am

My thoughts of the game in true football cliche format...

....the tough QB's in this game made tough old shoe leather look like suede. They were tougher than a buck fifty steak at Denny's.

....Francois got more late hits than a good looking gal at last call.

....In the last minute to keep the ball away from the Canes, Dalvin Cook ran through walls like a runaway subway.

etc etc
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Another classic FSU-Miami game...

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:37 am

It was on during the Washington Oregon game, that is a another story. I watched the last quarter and half. That was a great game to watch even when you "had no dog in the fight."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”