Officiating

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Officiating

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Again this year phantom calls. A grounding call against TCU basically takes away TCU's chance of beating Oklahoma. At some point CFB has to address all the bad calls. Replay isn't fixing it. How about training, watching film? It is time to start paying full time officials.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Officiating

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Yea, I saw two incomplete passes yesterday, where the ball clearly hit the ground, on the same drive. The second was reviewed, but the other was not, which was the play that kept the drive alive. Had they made the correct call, it would have been 3 & 18, instead of 1rst down. The ball skipped the ground and into the receiver's hands.

Clemson also got the benefit of the whistle more than once last night --- that is, several no flags that should likely have been thrown.

And, I think the NCAA needs to reevaluate the taking off your helmet being an unsportsman like conduct rule.

If your team scores a touchdown with less than half a minute to go in regulation, you shouldn't be flagged because you have a moment of elation, where you instinctively pull your helmet off in celebration --- to me, that is very much a sportsman thing to do.

It would be different if you took off your helmet in order to taunt your opponent. But doing so because your emotions are running high, and you do it without thinking --- I will never agree that it is something inappropriate for an athlete to do.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Officiating

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:34 pm

There are some things that happen that are close and could be missed. I get that and I'm not talking about those things. But the situation where Stoops talked an official into throwing a flag after the fact is completely wrong. It throws TCU's chance at making the playoffs under the bus and besides that is wasn't grounding. No way to even argue it was and yet TCU had to except it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”