Louisville Looking Good

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Louisville Looking Good

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:12 am

In Week 2, Louisville rolls Syracuse 62-28 in a road game at the dome. Unbelievable heat and humidity for the Syracuse area. Louisville scores 3 touch downs in the first 3 minutes. Both teams wear down in the 3rd and part of the 4th Quarters. However, some penalties give UL easy touchdowns and Syracuse folds.

The Dome was pretty empty to start and by 3rd quarter had emptied out mostly.

Next up in week 3 is Florida State at home - best chance we have to beat them since the Rain Game long ago. :twisted:

Worn out from the game, more later tomorrow if I recover.

Swamp Daddy 8)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Louisville Looking Good

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

There are a number of Razorback fans that still wish Bobby Petrino was still coaching in Fayetteville. I am one of those, but feel that Bielema will get it done at Arkansas. Of course, the SEC West is a very difficult place to succeed currently.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 am

Louisville does look good with Jordan at QB....I hope that Jimbo has the boys playing in the first half next week.

The Noles can not afford to take the first half off as they have done in so many games. Next week's noon kick off match ought to be an interesting game.

I expect the Noles to have a couple of broken coverages, go to man from zone as a result...and pressure Jordan idf they can.

Against Ole Miss...the Noles in the second half made some adjustments....they moved the DE to DT and put in a 2nd string LB as pass rushing defensive end...they were faster and quicker against a beefy Ole Miss O line and ended up sacking the QB 5 times, causing a fumble and three INT's. Went to man in the defensive back and had a LB to do nothing but contain the QB.

If Louisville can not establish a rushing game...FSU will put in that pass rush defense, go to man, and have a LB "spy" on Jordan...what they did in the 2nd half vs Ole Miss.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 am

Louisville does look good with Jordan at QB....I hope that Jimbo has the boys playing in the first half next week.

The Noles can not afford to take the first half off as they have done in so many games. Next week's noon kick off match ought to be an interesting game.

I expect the Noles to have a couple of broken coverages, go to man from zone as a result...and pressure Jordan idf they can.

Against Ole Miss...the Noles in the second half made some adjustments....they moved the DE to DT and put in a 2nd string LB as pass rushing defensive end...they were faster and quicker against a beefy Ole Miss O line and ended up sacking the QB 5 times, causing a fumble and three INT's. Went to man in the defensive back and had a LB to do nothing but contain the QB.

If Louisville can not establish a rushing game...FSU will put in that pass rush defense, go to man, and have a LB "spy" on Jordan...what they did in the 2nd half vs Ole Miss.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 am

There is some concern about FSU's early schedule and the wear on bodies.

FSU plays three games in 12 days. This week was the rough one. Play past midnight Monday and arrive back in Tallahassee 4 am on Tuesday...have to prepare for an option team on Saturday....light practice Wednesday, Thursday, walk through Friday, game at noon on Saturday.

FSU has electronic GPS monitoring of its athletes and the monitors noticed that while playing Ole Miss, the players used 30% more energy than a normal game (and one of the highest energy games FSU has recorded). Part of that is the physicality of Ole Miss, and part is the second half comeback effort.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:03 am

Scheduling time ways, i.e the day played and the time of start, has become out of the hands of the schools and when you have the games start on Thursday going to Monday and times start times at 9:00 A< to 9:00 PM, there will be issues. The, however, is what the schools want because money and championships are all that matter anymore.

This second week had some of the weakest matchups in recent memory. I suspect the tougher match up were made years ago and the rest more current. This will be the trend.

Watched a very good DIII school, Linfield crush a not so good Chapman. (Chapman is a liberal arts school where the emphasis is on filmmaking. Excellent academics...not so much football.)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 pm

This Lamar Jackson, Louisville's QB, is hot stuff....

He has rushed for 771 yards and 10 touchdowns in his last four games...four games!

He is the only the second player to ever receive back to back the Walter Camp Player of the Week Award...the first FBS player to rush for 175 or more and pass for 400 or more in a game,

Can FSU hold him down to under 50?

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 am

If FSU concentrates on Lamar Jackson I am sure they can slow up his running; but, that leaves a dozen other good players to run/receive.

Swamp Daddy :D

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 pm

In a forward-backward moment...it was 36 years ago yesterday that my wife and I went on a blind date to the Louisville game in Tallahassee (52-6). We had a blast.

It will be 33 years on Friday that we jumped over the broom together....(I had been a cautious confirmed bachelor and she was younger)

This Louisville game will be a celebration at our house....win or lose.

I hate the noon kick off...too early for a champagne toast...but I'll have it cold for the evening...again, win or lose.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Wild mood swings here. Some predict a blowout, others a defeat and, then, they switch sides the next day. I'm waiting to see how the game starts myself. :wink:

Swamp Daddy :P

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Swamp Daddy wrote:If FSU concentrates on Lamar Jackson I am sure they can slow up his running; but, that leaves a dozen other good players to run/receive.

Swamp Daddy :D

Well, almost half a dozen ... the others will do what they can to block.

Watch those fsu linebackers. Fast & Physical. They certainly have the ability to contain. If the tempo is quick, then it might wear down those pass rush.

I'm just hoping for a clean/safe game -- Ought be fun whatever the result.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:29 pm

billybud wrote:In a forward-backward moment...it was 36 years ago yesterday that my wife and I went on a blind date to the Louisville game in Tallahassee (52-6). We had a blast.

It will be 33 years on Friday that we jumped over the broom together....(I had been a cautious confirmed bachelor and she was younger)

I hate the noon kick off...too early for a champagne toast...but I'll have it cold for the evening...again, win or lose.

That's a fantastic reverie. Nice to see we still hold more than just football close to our hearts, whether we're preparing for a day of victory celebration, or on the precipice of defeat.

My wife and I, over the last few weeks, have been planning our trip in may for our 10 year anniversary. She wants to go back to Florida where we got married on the beach in Fort Myers. But she also wants to drive through Arkansas and down through Louisiana to stay a night in New Orleans.

That's a bit out of the way, especially since she wants to spend a day in Georgia on the way home. I'm okay with the distance, it just drives me crazy with the time frame she is talking, I feel as if 90% of our trip will be spent on the road.

Now I think maybe I should have told her I'd prefer to fly when she asked [naw, I'd much rather spend the time on the ground, instead of dealing with TSA].

In the end, as long as she is happy, that is all that will matter. The smiles make it all worth it.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:25 pm

billybud wrote:In a forward-backward moment...it was 36 years ago yesterday that my wife and I went on a blind date to the Louisville game in Tallahassee (52-6). We had a blast.

Congratulations on 33 years. You must be doing something right.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Spence wrote:
Congratulations on 33 years. You must be doing something right.

Amen. You married well and you can not be responsible for Mrs. Billybud's decision making.

Good going to you both. I wish you continued happiness.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:31 am

I may have to watch a bit of GameDay here as I've never seen it before. Swamp Daddy 8)

Return to “General Discussion”