Florida State v Boise State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Florida State v Boise State

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Spence wrote:The Big 12 isn't very good at all. Except for Oklahoma, the really aren't looking at anyone being great this year. You likely won't know how good Oklahoma is until you find out how good Ohio State is, which could end up being in November. No one really knows how good Ohio State will be, I don't think Urban Meyer knows at this point.

It appears Oklahoma is being upset by Houston. :shock:

I don't understand why Oklahoma is #3.....they are ALWAYS ranked too high at the start of the season, and they always disappoint....even more than Georgia. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:50 pm

donovan wrote:BYU is most likely out of the running. They have an honor code that prohibits premarital sex (I don't think anyone is deceiving themselves) but it precludes the LGBT. There are already letters of protest and the school is under investigation, along with almost every other school for how they handle sexual cases.

The only thing they add is they fill up stadiums when they travel.

There are letters of protest against BYU from the LGBT community??

EDIT: It appears so...it doesn't surprise me because they seem to love stirring up trouble in the current shakeup of our society. But it does surprise me, and angers me, that the Federal Government is involved.

http://universe.byu.edu/2016/08/16/lgbts-big-12-letter-contradicts-own-values/

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Without commentary, many schools have their moral codes that infringe on the individual rights of some. I suggest that if I don't like how Costco does business, ie they charge me a fee to shop there, I can opt to not shop there. I am good with both. Private schools have the right to set rules. Public schools have a broader pathway, but they still set rules. In the end, follow the money.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Derek wrote:
Spence wrote:The Big 12 isn't very good at all. Except for Oklahoma, the really aren't looking at anyone being great this year. You likely won't know how good Oklahoma is until you find out how good Ohio State is, which could end up being in November. No one really knows how good Ohio State will be, I don't think Urban Meyer knows at this point.

It appears Oklahoma is being upset by Houston. :shock:

I don't understand why Oklahoma is #3.....they are ALWAYS ranked too high at the start of the season, and they always disappoint....even more than Georgia. 8)

Look and see who I picked in that game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 pm

I am in North Carolina...my very good son, is hard at work cleaning up in Tallahassee. I lost some trees...he is out with my chain saw. A big water oak on one side of me at my neighbor's lost the top 15 feet. It blew across my roof and crashed on my neighbor on the other side. My boy is cutting it up to allow entry into the house and porch repair. My neighbor is 78.

It is so gratifying this afternoon to find messages from several of my neighbors about how he has been a god send.

Cut up the trees that fell and blocked one neighbors 1/8 mile entry lane, helped get the top of that big tree off of my aged neighbor's house...sandbagged pre storm and directed water away from a down hill neighbor...and when he was a teenager I had some doubt.

I can't, at my age, handle not having power and A?C...they said it could be as long as a week. Tallahassee's trees were torn up...100,000 without power....My son is camped out at the house with a generator to run a fan and the TV.

He has truly been a blessing...I can almost forget those teenage years.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:42 pm

billybud wrote:I am in North Carolina...my very good son, is hard at work cleaning up in Tallahassee. I lost some trees...he is out with my chain saw. A big water oak on one side of me at my neighbor's lost the top 15 feet. It blew across my roof and crashed on my neighbor on the other side. My boy is cutting it up to allow entry into the house and porch repair. My neighbor is 78.

It is so gratifying this afternoon to find messages from several of my neighbors about how he has been a god send.

Cut up the trees that fell and blocked one neighbors 1/8 mile entry lane, helped get the top of that big tree off of my aged neighbor's house...sandbagged pre storm and directed water away from a down hill neighbor...and when he was a teenager I had some doubt.

I can't, at my age, handle not having power and A?C...they said it could be as long as a week. Tallahassee's trees were torn up...100,000 without power....My son is camped out at the house with a generator to run a fan and the TV.

He has truly been a blessing...I can almost forget those teenage years.

8) 8) 8)

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”