Games Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Games Tonight

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Tonight we have Pitt and UCF (on the Fantasy Picks) on ESPN at 8 and then we've got Princeton vs. Brown on ESPNU.

I don't think UCF is a very good team and I think Pitt is a little underrated at this point. I'll keep on saying it, Pitt will be 9-1 when they play the Big 2 at the end of the season. UCF has played nowhere close to where they did last year and will struggle to go bowling.

As for the Ivy League game tonight, Princeton is undefeated this season with wins over Lehigh and Lafayette. Brown hasn't played that bad, but I think Princeton has the better team. We'll see I guess, I'm not an expert on the Ivy League.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:46 pm

I agree, Pitt is gaining steam. As more weeks count down, they seem to get even better. I've already conceded the Rutgers game to them, and I'm starting to believe they could really ruin some seasons.
I don't think UCF will give them much trouble tonight, but hopefully the win will propel them into the top 25. I've had them on my list for a few weeks now, and am waiting for the mentally challenged sports writers to figure it out on their own.
I should know after watching them tonight what kind of actual shot they have against the Mountaineers, and Cardinals.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:30 pm

My two cents:

I watched the Marshall & UCF game. UCF has a big time running back and a pretty good offensive line. There QB is good enough to keep a team honest.

Their defense was stout against the run, but their pass defense left me suspect. (Marshall flat out dropped a number of balls)

Special teams were O.K. .... kick coverage was so-so.

UCF is a perfect team for Pitt to play as their strengths are things the Panthers have shown the ability to take away from a team, but ... and that's a BIG BUT, Pitt better not leave them in it at the end or they could come out as the smaller number on the scoreboard.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:01 pm

i'm not posting who i pick on here anymore...it causes whoever i picked to lose :evil:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:05 pm

Key stat of the night:

UCF is 113th in pass defense. Panthers win :shock:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:33 pm

That should do it, Eric .... provided the Panther O-line gives Palko time to throw it. :wink:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:27 pm

And they did :shock:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Yep, and the Mountaineers have a date at Heinz Filed with that bunch come November 16th. 8)

By the way, was a great play by the Blades kid or what? :D

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Yeah, a lot of great plays by Turner, Palko, Howling, their NFL CB (the name isn't coming to me right now :? ), and Blades. A fantastic all-around effort and Cavanaugh is pushing all of the right buttons offensively.

Return to “General Discussion”