Life is good

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Life is good

Postby Swamp Daddy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:12 am

After a lousy start to the season going 0-3, UL rallies to end the season 7-5 with a comeback win over UK at their field. Next a close bowl game win against another SEC team, Texas A&M. QB Lamar Jackson runs for 226, passes for 227 (that's balance) and over 500 yards of offense. Best offensive production of the year.

A big plus going into next year. Some will leave, many coming back, lots of talented freshmen played this year. Looking up for next year. I'll take 8-5 against that lineup any time while always wishing more. :wink:

Swamp Daddy :)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Life is good

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:04 am

Nice win over an 8 win SEC West team. Louisville looked very quick.

Things were put away by the Cards with 2 minutes left and getting the ball. And then that O lineman got the personal foul negating the failed 4th down...from then on it was a nail biter.

Fun game...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:27 pm

I was there! Went on an end-of-year road trip and checked out the game. 8)

I thought the refs were injecting themselves into the game. Jackson is a raw passer, but his option reads are lethal. I haven't seen anyone look so effective at running it all year. He pulls away so late that it's tough not to bite and attack the RB. I think Petrino in his heart of hearts wants a pocket passer to run his offense, but I think he'll tailor the offense to suit what Jackson is best at. And he's got 3 years to evolve into a better passer. If Louisville steps up in recruiting a bit, I could really see them as a playoff team in the next few years, although the ACC is getting a lot better quickly.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:00 am

Certainly, congrats to Louisville, that is a good win. Louisville will make the ACC Atlantic Division and Pittsburgh will make the Coastal interesting in 2016.

It is also telling about A&M, something isn't adding up in College Station, TX.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

Return to “General Discussion”