Yeeech! Ejection for this?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Yeeech! Ejection for this?

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:59 am

Might as well put on pull off ribbons.

https://vine.co/v/iAEgvEjtdVM
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Yeeech! Ejection for this?

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:39 pm

I agree. That was a form tackle. They are asking players to start taking out a players knees. I'm not for spearing or leading with the helmet in any form, but there will be incidental contact. They even allow leading with the helmet if you are an offensive player. I don't understand why they can't see the difference because every person who watches can tell if it is intentional contact to the head or not.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Yep. Horrible call. NCAA in bad need of a major get-together between officiating heads and refs to get more uniformity and understanding about what constitutes an illegal hit. While they're at it, they can also discuss what constitutes a catch and interference. Most ACC refs should just be fired - they blow. Virginia Tech-Tulsa game had a Big Ten crew and it was the best-called game I've watched all year that involved VT. That's not to say the Big Ten has it all together, either, but that crew was a far sight better than most that I've seen in the ACC for awhile.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:35 pm

A lot of conversation about the game ending field goal miss in the VT game that ended the game..well, I learned something...that field goals are not reviewable if they are above the vertical posts.

I would assume that the ref on the post had a better view than off angle views by a camera...but the talking heads have had a field day.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”