Va Tech/Ga Tech

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Va Tech/Ga Tech

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 pm

We have a live one here;the Yellow Jackets jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, but the Hokies have stormed back tying the game at 14 all at the half.

Both teams are vying for a post season appearance, however, to become Bowl eligible, they each need to finish this season strong.

For Georgia Tech whom is 3-6, they have to win out, including tonight.
Their remaining schedule:

November 21rst, @ Miami
November 28th, vs. Georgia

Virginia Tech at 4-5, has a 1 game buffer, though, winning out could put them into a more lucrative Bowl opportunity. They need to win 2 of their remaining games. A win tonight would keep them in the hunt for an 8 win season.
Their remaining schedule:

November 21rst, Home in Blacksburg vs. North Carolina
November 28th, @ Charlottesville vs. Virginia

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Va Tech/Ga Tech

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:23 am

Another tight game with a three point margin...Herbstreit pointed out that the ACC has more games with a victory margin of 7 points or less, than any other conference.

I was pulling for Beamer...he looked like he was almost crying as his defense finished it out to hold off GT.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Va Tech/Ga Tech

Postby Vileborg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm

The defense saved the bacon. Missed field goal and missed extra point with GT slowly driving and eating the clock for a last second field goal. It just felt like it was going away from them and then GT gave the game away with the personal foul penalty.

I haven't been to a game in about 4 years because I live too far away and I don't get much coverage. I watched Beamer's locker room speech last night and he definitely looks frail compared to how I remember him. Great guy and a class act. Going to miss him going forward but I think it's time both for his health and for the program.

Return to “General Discussion”