RANDOM THOUGHTS PART 6...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

RANDOM THOUGHTS PART 6...

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:49 pm

I barely even have the words. Georgia Tech was supposed to win the division. Half a season and two wins later, what does this team do? Goes out and beats the undefeated Noles on the last play of the game. I was barely getting the thought out my mouth to my wife about the possible showdown between undefeated teams coming up. Clemson and Florida State. Then a field goal kick was blocked, picked up, and returned for a Yellow Jacket TD.

I hate injuries, and Baylor having an injured QB makes me unhappy. I mean the games left where TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and whoever else still has to face each other.

The wheels have officially fallen off the Canes wagon. I even hate saying it, and I am not a Canes fan. But that team, fans, and former players are ready for Golden to go. That dude was never going to be the guy.

It looks like it will come down to Alabama and LSU for the SEC West champs. Bama is playing some awful close games at home.

Two games go into 4 overtimes. VT has really stunk it up. Losing at home. I am not going to even rant about it being Duke because there is something right going on in that program. I read where a VT player said that the fact that the Hokies gained over 400 yards on the #4 defense in the country. Yes, but is that including the 4 overtimes? Also, is that any consolation after you lost the game?

Heard on ESPN a couple of weeks ago about Utah having the best body of work for the season. They lose to the Trojans in California, and now the media heads are saying, "Was this really an upset?"

I may be a little off here, but quite a few years ago, I would have never guessed Temple, Baylor, and Duke would be in the top 25. At the same time, no less...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS PART 6...

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I just heard that Miami just fired Golden, so the hunt is on for the new guy.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm

All these mid-season firings, make no sense. All the do is appease the boosters. Does anybody running these ships know that if you combine all teams wins and losses it will be 50/50?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:19 am

One more thought. Florida State lost. One loss. Couldn't they win out and beat Clemson and Florida, and be right back in it? Either TCU or Baylor has to lose... late. Either LSU or Bama has to lose... late. Or am I way off here?

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:49 am

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:One more thought. Florida State lost. One loss. Couldn't they win out and beat Clemson and Florida, and be right back in it? Either TCU or Baylor has to lose... late. Either LSU or Bama has to lose... late. Or am I way off here?

Yes Florida State can get back in it. But not for the reasons you suggest. Yes, they need to win out but it has more to do with who will not be in it. TCU and Baylor with undefeated records will not be in it. Only schools with TV draw will be in it. Baylor and TCU are irrelevant to a national TV audience.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Still a lot of football. I think FSU would need a lot of help. If it shakes out the way I see it and they do beat Clemson they would still be the fifth wheel. Of the following pairings someone would have to lose twice to open the door for a one loss ACC team.

Baylor/TCU
Ohio St/ Michigan St
Alabama/LSU
Stanford/Utah

Worse yet, I'm starting to have to concede that maybe Clemson is actually as good as the hype. Guess we'll find out for sure in two weeks.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:10 pm

An undefeated Baylor or TCU would get the nod. I think they'd even go with 12-1 Baylor/TCU over 12-1 FSU. But I don't think FSU is out of it because they do control their own destiny. They can knock out Clemson and Florida (if it comes to that) from the ranks of the unbeaten. I don't think that's likely, but it's in the realm of possibility.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Vileborg wrote:Still a lot of football. I think FSU would need a lot of help. If it shakes out the way I see it and they do beat Clemson they would still be the fifth wheel. Of the following pairings someone would have to lose twice to open the door for a one loss ACC team.

Baylor/TCU
Ohio St/ Michigan St
Alabama/LSU
Stanford/Utah

Eric wrote:An undefeated Baylor or TCU would get the nod. I think they'd even go with 12-1 Baylor/TCU over 12-1 FSU. But I don't think FSU is out of it because they do control their own destiny. They can knock out Clemson and Florida (if it comes to that) from the ranks of the unbeaten. I don't think that's likely, but it's in the realm of possibility.

And sneaking around @ 7-0, also on TCU's & Baylor's schedules:
Oklahoma State

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:37 pm

donovan wrote:All these mid-season firings, make no sense. All the do is appease the boosters. Does anybody running these ships know that if you combine all teams wins and losses it will be 50/50?

Yes, but every school wants to own the first 50.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Oklahoma State is an interesting team, but they obviously have yet to face the meat of their schedule. They do probably have the best defense in the Big 12. Having a pass rush in this conference is the antidote to getting shredded like every other Big 12 defense.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:02 pm

So, if TCU can beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Baylor, and still not make it? Not having the Big 12 in it again? Wow.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:27 am

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:So, if TCU can beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Baylor, and still not make it? Not having the Big 12 in it again? Wow.

I don't see any way there isn't a B12 team in this year, even if they don't appear deserving.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Theoretically they could train wreck each other but I think it more likely TCU survives or Oklahoma blind sides them and makes it in.

Return to “General Discussion”