Boise State -- Utah State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Boise State -- Utah State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:24 am

Donovaaaan!! --- Donovan, what happened!?

Your guys couldn't hold onto the ball. 7 turnovers on the road. Looked like the Broncos were playing a game of fumblitis.

I'm glad this wasn't on the Saturday Picks; that is one more I would have gotten burnt by.

Boise St did mount some offense in the second half to show they didn't outright give up, so there was something positive to take from tonight. That late touchdown was put on the board quickly -- simply put, Boise State is much better than how they performed in this game -- it's just tough to stop the opposition from scoring when your defense is out on the field as often as the Broncos were.

One thing this game reaffirms; the state of Utah is quite a bit better than the state of Oregon this season. [BYU stepping up and beating Cincinnati the way they did tonight certainly helps to promote that rationale {wait, "does that mean BYU would beat Miami?!" ... hmm}]

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Boise State -- Utah State

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 am

I am moving to Florida during football season.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:29 am

Have to admit it...I was watching the BYU-Cincy game. The Boise score scrolled and I thought..."uh oh...a double shot night for Donovan".
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Donovaaaan!! --- Donovan, what happened!?

Your guys couldn't hold onto the ball. 7 turnovers on the road. Looked like the Broncos were playing a game of fumblitis.

I'm glad this wasn't on the Saturday Picks; that is one more I would have gotten burnt by.

Boise St did mount some offense in the second half to show they didn't outright give up, so there was something positive to take from tonight. That late touchdown was put on the board quickly -- simply put, Boise State is much better than how they performed in this game -- it's just tough to stop the opposition from scoring when your defense is out on the field as often as the Broncos were.

One thing this game reaffirms; the state of Utah is quite a bit better than the state of Oregon this season. [BYU stepping up and beating Cincinnati the way they did tonight certainly helps to promote that rationale {wait, "does that mean BYU would beat Miami?!" ... hmm}]

Cause the loss was all Donovans' fault? To come here and be like what happened to your boys? That's rude! I'm sure he was already unhappy with how they performed as a fan and for you to come on here and call him out because of something beyond his control and act like it was something of his doing is really inconsiderate. I don't care if Donovan took offense to it. I do, it was rude and inconsiderate to someone you've been around for years.

I'm not mad. I don't think less of anyone here but I would hope that people are more considerate of someone who's team lost a game.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:46 pm

I am fine. I was all in good spirit. I sent Harshin the right plays but I depended on Mrs Donovan to deliver them. I suspect she took out the old Dixon Ticonderoga and with a few erases and added a few scribbles and..well....That is the rest of the story.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:03 pm

I suppose I'll be fine as well. I still don't understand how they couldn't hear me screaming at the screen what they should be doing. Even with their hearing deficiencies I was hoping my team would win today but Miami played an outstanding game and their secondary is pretty amazing. I was suspect of the refs though. Quite a few calls seemed slanted Tech's way and one obvious slight on a sack was overturned on replay.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:40 pm

I posted the way I did to make light of a situation that could have felt a whole lot worse.
I'm sure Donovan knew I didn't put this up in a mean fashion.

If you read the whole post {you did, didn't you?} you'd notice this was neither a stick, nor rubbing salt into the wound.

Also, I took a stab at myself at the end; and if someone were to take a shot at Miami like that [especially someone who is a fond member of this forum], then I'd probably not only agree, but go into further detail as to why the `Canes were so bad.

I think we all know Boise St is better than what they looked like on Friday. The offense got out of rhythm until late, and miscues put them in a bad spot.

If the game were played again, my guess is that the final score would be much closer.

---

I do think you were mad though.

---

Vileborg wrote:I suppose I'll be fine as well. I still don't understand how they couldn't hear me screaming at the screen what they should be doing. Even with their hearing deficiencies I was hoping my team would win today but Miami played an outstanding game and their secondary is pretty amazing. I was suspect of the refs though. Quite a few calls seemed slanted Tech's way and one obvious slight on a sack was overturned on replay.

Miami played ... better than they have been.
I don't know about great.

The play calls were coming in quicker, and the offense wasn't standing around lost until 7 seconds remaining on the play clock. Which was a needed improvement.

We actually went out and played football today.

The secondary stepped up strong, and caught four interceptions. That won us the game. Else wise, I think Va Tech is evenly matched.

Golden almost blew it at the end of the first half. "At Least Take A Shot!!"
I know they can't hear me, but the stadium booed him for me.

The sad thing, had Beemer not called those timeouts, and the `Canes stopped getting penalized, putting us into a 3rd & 20 from our own ten yard line; Golden wouldn't have called up a deep pass. The half would've been over, and the score would have been tied.

Getting 30 yards there was the big key. Finishing the drive in the end zone helped win us the game. Because we started the second half with momentum.

The Hurricanes coaching staff seems determined to continue forcing the play calls that aren't working. Our middle run game is terrible. Working out those sort of kinks in the armor is okay, when you have a significant lead. But not when the score is so close.

Putting Kaaya under center at the goal line confused & aggravated me to no end. "What are you doing!!"
Yep, they still can't hear me.

We were lucky to maintain possession of the ball. However, 2cnd & goal, from the half yard line, and we had to settle for "Another" frickin' field goal?! --- Okay, okay --- it's fine --- really, it is.

We did win, though.

---

I'm just wondering why we haven't heard from Eric yet.

Maybe he's calmed down enough to comment. Or maybe he had to go and buy himself a new TV after that ending.
[Television into the wall syndrome]

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Eric? We all need a period of privacy after a very tough loss....

You can expect me to be off a day very soon....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:02 am

I just kind of accepted it as it was happening. Due to events during the course of the last decade, I don't believe in anything good that happens for Michigan until the clock hits triple zeroes. :roll:

Let's see, we lose every bowl game we play, we've lost to MSU seven out of the last eight years, and we've beaten Ohio State once in the last decade because they were the worst Ohio State team in the last 20 years with an interim coach on the road and it still took us everything in the tank to beat them when were bound for a BCS game. Michigan football is a has-been program, I'm totally defeated at this point. Wake me up when we beat a top 25 caliber football team and then I'll believe. All logic states that Harbaugh has this team headed in the right direction yet the results are still the same. It should change. "Should" being the operative word. Just like Michigan should have gotten a punt off :roll:

I literally will not care if Michigan beats Ohio State at the end of the year. This sounds completely mopey, but that's not really how I feel despite the tone of my post here. I just will not care. The most I'll be able to muster is, "oh, that's cool. But we should have beaten Michigan State, so.... :? "
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:17 am

donovan wrote:I am fine. I was all in good spirit. I sent Harshin the right plays but I depended on Mrs Donovan to deliver them. I suspect she took out the old Dixon Ticonderoga and with a few erases and added a few scribbles and..well....That is the rest of the story.

Reference to Dixon Ticonderoga pencils noted. #2 Pencils? Correct? :D
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:36 am

armchairqb wrote:
donovan wrote:I am fine. I was all in good spirit. I sent Harshin the right plays but I depended on Mrs Donovan to deliver them. I suspect she took out the old Dixon Ticonderoga and with a few erases and added a few scribbles and..well....That is the rest of the story.

Reference to Dixon Ticonderoga pencils noted. #2 Pencils? Correct? :D

Correct.

Return to “General Discussion”