UW v USC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

UW v USC

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am

This was a very good win for Boise State. Which is a prime example of the silliness of the system. Now to the game.

USC despite how bad they look, they don't give you the impression they are going to get better. This was a team that had no cohesiveness in there playing. Their offensive line just went wherever and Kessler was out of the pocket quicker than I slurp down a Banana Split Blizzard. Washington took advantage of USC's issues which is to their credit. I do get the feeling, given enough time Peterson will get a solid program going. They need to start getting recruits that are big and fast. The game next week between Oregon and Washington has the potential of being wild. This is one bitter rivalry. Too bad both teams can not lose.

I thought Washingtons defense did very well last night. Probably helped them win the game and caused USC's confusion.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: UW v USC

Postby Vileborg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:47 am

I was expecting a few more years for Peterson to start dominating USC but I guess they wanted to get a jump on the future.

I'll never understand why they went with Sarkisian over Peterson other than they made an epic mistake.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Vileborg wrote:I was expecting a few more years for Peterson to start dominating USC but I guess they wanted to get a jump on the future.

I'll never understand why they went with Sarkisian over Peterson other than they made an epic mistake.

I think Peterson wanted Washington and was willing to wait. He has roots there and a lot had to do with his immediate family.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Vileborg wrote:I'll never understand why they went with Sarkisian over Peterson other than they made an epic mistake.

donovan wrote:I think Peterson wanted Washington and was willing to wait. He has roots there and a lot had to do with his immediate family.

Right, it's the same reason they dumped Orgeron, who took an unfocused, militant, selfish, primadonna Trojan team, who was more interested in blaming each other, rather than playing together -- and turned them into a cohesive, functioning unit, who were well coached, and disciplined.

Orgeron turned the team around, and had them playing at their full potential. But the USC brass wanted a USC guy, which is why they hired Sarkisian, because of his ties to the school.

It is a choice that may have been the 2cnd worst thing USC could have done -- the absolute worst thing for USC, would have been to keep Kiffin.

-----

donovan wrote:This was a very good win for Boise State. Which is a prime example of the silliness of the system. Now to the game.

Yes, well, Virginia Tech handled their business tonight, too.
This was a solid win that the Hokies needed.

They kept NC State in check all night, and, although they pulled away late; were able to keep NC State from mounting a rally.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Yeah, I was saddened when they got rid of Orgeron but not surprised. Sadly, I think he would have done well at USC because I think they need a coach with his style.

Return to “General Discussion”