Virginia Tech

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Virginia Tech

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:02 pm

It is a shame Brewer broke his collar bone. He is a good player and he had VT in a position to maybe get the win. You never want to see a player get knocked out of the game no matter what. No to miss have the season just sucks. I wish Bud Foster was our defensive coordinator. He is the best in the business.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Re: Virginia Tech

Postby Dossenator » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:33 pm

That does stink for VT fans. Probably going to lose anyway tonight but now your starting QB is out. And of course the injury happened not long after they showed him in the locker room at half time saying he was fine and it would take a lot more to keep him from playing (after being asked about a big hit he took in first half).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Dossenator wrote:That does stink for VT fans. Probably going to lose anyway tonight but now your starting QB is out. And of course the injury happened not long after they showed him in the locker room at half time saying he was fine and it would take a lot more to keep him from playing (after being asked about a big hit he took in first half).

I just wonder if it wasn't broken on the first hit. The second hit didn't look as big as the first one.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 pm

You may be right. Sometimes though it is not how hard you are hit but how you land.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Next man up! The program has too much homerism going on. Too many people coasting on the program instead of manning the oars.

I had no expectations for the year so we'll see what the next man up can do and hopefully make it to bowl eligible.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Vileborg wrote:Next man up! The program has too much homerism going on. Too many people coasting on the program instead of manning the oars.

I had no expectations for the year so we'll see what the next man up can do and hopefully make it to bowl eligible.

That's right, Cowboy Up. If he wanted to keep his job, he shouldn't have died on the field.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”