Washington USC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Washington USC

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:57 pm

This may be the year for Whining....Oklahoma went on for two weeks about the Oregon game and got rather tiring.....

HOWEVER...there has to be some valid point to the officials never using common sense in the big picture. The time fiasco at the end of the USC Washington game was unbelievable. At every junction the officials validated they had no clue of what when or where the game was.

Anyway....somethings never change.....For sure it does not look like USC will go undefeated....

With the polls out more evidence that the old standbyes will always be there regardless of the outcome....just look at it...amazing......At least the congrove poll stays consistent within itself....

I was consistent once......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:02 am

That was a strange ending. The players were waiting for the refs to signal the start of the clock and then they said the game was over. It would have been nice to see them get one shot at the endzone at the end of the game. They probably would have come up short but if I was a Washington player I would have been ragging mad.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:11 pm

Yeah, the refs screwed that up big time.

And I agree with the USC assesment.

I see a loss to either Oregon or Cal, or both.

And the thought of that really gives me inner satisfaction. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:42 am

I was watching the Tigers and had FSN on mute, so what was the issue with Washington not getting the play off in time?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Eric wrote:I was watching the Tigers and had FSN on mute, so what was the issue with Washington not getting the play off in time?

This is how I remember it:
Washington held USC to a field goal, which put them ahead 26-20. I think there was an exchange of possessions, and when Washington got the ball back, they were out of time-outs, and needed a TD to win the game.
Time was the enemy, however. Washington's QB scrambled for a first down, 4th and short, somewhere near mid-field. He spiked the ball, which gave Washington a 'last-gasp'. A 25-yard pass put the Huskies within 'striking' distance, with 5 seconds showing (after the receiver was ruled down). An additional 3 seconds were allowed to tick off, before the officials stopped the clock to 'set' the ball. Washington appeared confused, and when they finally did snap the ball, the game clock had expired. It was a strange situation, but unfortunately, Washington should simply have 'spiked' the ball. Had they done that, there wouldn't have been a problem, IMO.

Return to “General Discussion”