Auburn Fans...let me hear the excuses...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Auburn Fans...let me hear the excuses...

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:06 pm

Well, the Hogs defense stepped up and shut down Auburn. Auburn had 40 yards of offense in the second half.

Auburn had not given up a rushing TD all year and teams were averaging only 88 yards a game against them.

Well, the Hogs had 2 rushing TD's, 264 yards rushing, 2 100 yard rushers (McFadden 164 and TD and Jones 101 and a TD).

With LSU losing the Hogs basically have a 2 game lead over every one in the SEC West (1 game in front of Auburn but they hold the tie breaker, LSU and Bama have 2 losses, and well Miss State and Ole Miss are at the bottom).

It is good to be a Hog Fan!
:D :D :D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:22 pm

Right, but here is how the schedule plays out for Arkansas:

10-14-06 SE MISSOURI STATE
10-21-06 MISSISSIPPI
10-28-06 LOUISIANA-MONROE

11-4-06 at South Carolina
11-11-06 TENNESSEE
11-18-06 at Mississippi State
11-24-06 LOUISIANA STATE (Fri.)

The bold games are the ones I think Arkansas wins. South Carolina is not a great team, but they are solid and the Hogs won't have an easy time beating them. Tennessee is probably too talented for Arkansas and LSU is still a very good team but Arkansas does get them at home.

If the Hogs want to win the SEC West, they have to win 2 of those games that I have marked losses. If LSU wins out and Arkansas has 2 losses, LSU will go the championship game. If Auburn can win out and Arkansas has 2 losses, Auburn goes. So there is still a lot of football to played even though the Razorbacks are in the driver's seat of the SEC West.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Message removed, I got beat to the punch.

Good Win. However I find the in your face attitude a bit off color, and quite unsportsman like.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:39 pm

How do you find this thread unsportsman like. The Auburn fans, as well as everyone else was saying all last week that Arkansas had no chance. And if they did win that it would be luck. I just said I wanted to hear what the Auburn fans have to say now. I then listed some stats from the game. I did not brag or say anything degrading. I stated the facts from the game. In fact, I am some what insulted by you emplying that I have been unsportman like.

As for how the rest of the season plays out we will have to wait and see. I think Auburn will lose to Florida next week. Tennessee will be tough but they have to come to Ark. The LSU game will be tough but again the game is in Arkansas. LSU only scored 7 points against that Auburn defense. Well we saw what Arkansas did to it. South Carolina will not be easy either but I think they can win that game on the road. Will they will all three...I think not, but who knows. If they lose only one of the three listed above (and win against Miss State and Ole Miss) they still win the west no matter what any of the other teams do. You are right if they lose two of them then it will depend on how LSU and Auburn finish as well. Lots of games left to be played.
Last edited by Dossenator on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:41 pm

They do have a pretty good chance at it, you are right. Who knows what will happen? College football is wackier than any sport I can think of. As of right now though, Arkansas is in control of their own destiny, and that is a positive.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Vileborg...I am completely offended by your statement now. What is your problem. All I did was list the stats of the game. I am sorry if you can not handle reality. The Auburn fans degraded the Hogs all last week. I did not say anthing back. I did not say anything out of line or unsportsman in any of my posts. If you have a problem with what I said then I would appreciate you not even responding at all. If you have nothing positive or constructive to say then please just post on threads that interest you. I am completely ticked at this point so I am leaving my computer to cool off. I do not like to be called names when it is not warrented.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:51 pm

Vileborg...as for the post topic. All last week I was told by both LSU and Auburn fans on this board that when Arkansas losses to them that Arkansas always has excuses on why they did not win.

How old are you 14 or something. And what is wrong for cheering for your team and being happy when they win a game. That is what we all do.

I love this board but I don't like when people like you start calling names.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:52 pm

I just felt like this thread had a slap in the face mentality for people who are already grieving for their team. The sportsman like thing to do would have been to say good game, not we kicked your butt.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:56 pm

Show me where I said kick your butt and I will apologize. I listed the game stats. And guess what it was not a good game. Arkansas completely domintated. Why can I not say that when it is the truth. I respect the Auburn Tigers, but the Razorbacks won and I am not apologizing for that. If you can not accept it when you team losses then you have a problem.
Last edited by Dossenator on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:58 pm

Easy Gentlemen ..... be nice.

There will be a little 'smack talk', a little chest pounding, and a little payback along the way.

Enjoy.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:59 pm

I am not smack talking. He called me names and I am trying to find out why. Nothing I said was rude or unsportsman like. I simply want an apology from him.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:04 pm

I like you Doss, and I'm sorry I upset you. You have every right to say what you think, and I apologize for criticizing you. It was an awesome win over Auburn.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:04 pm

O.K. Dossenator ... I didn't say you were smack talking.

Just a reminder to be nice and that since college football is a game of passion sometimes the things I mentioned happen. Nothing personal or accusatory.

You can ask for an apology nicely now can't you?

You guys might want to try the PM route.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:10 pm

I apologize if I overreacted. Vileborg thank you for your apology. Thank you for your comment about the good win for Arkansas. I also apologize for the 14 year old comment...that was uncalled for. Mountainman was right. I am very passionate when it comes to the Razorbacks. In no way do I want to rub anything in anyones face. However, I support my team and will celebrate when they win. Especially big wins like the one Saturday. I hope there are no hard feelings...

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm

I just wanted to talk about the game and how the Arkansas rushing attack was able to put up numbers like they did. Arkansas has been the #1 rushing team in the SEC for the past 5 or 6 years. They have a big and experienced offensive line and two stud running backs in McFadden and Jones.

Return to “General Discussion”