Wake 6, Va Tech 3 2OT

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Wake 6, Va Tech 3 2OT

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:00 pm

:roll:

The moral of the story here is that, if your offense is terrible enough, you can lose to anybody on any given Saturday. See Penn State for more details. I'll say it again, I'd rather have a "system" offense that chucks the ball around and can score 35 points a game rather than just slog out games. The fewer scores there are going to be in a given game, the likelier it is that you can get tagged on a fluky play or two.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

strawman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Wake 6, Va Tech 3 2OT

Postby strawman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Take that SEC, the ACC can have defensive battles too!
The Coach K Slam - Olympic Champion, World Champion, NCAA Champion, ACC Champion

Eric

Re: Wake 6, Va Tech 3 2OT

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:08 pm

strawman wrote:Take that SEC, the ACC can have defensive battles too!

On a serious note though, ever since the SEC narrative started gaining steam circa 2006, the SEC has sucked a lot of talent out of the ACC programs, as far as I can tell. The NFL draft used to love ACC guys, especially on defense. Now, many recruits would rather go to formerly-mediocre football schools like Kentucky or Mississippi State instead of being completely off the radar at, say, NC State or Virginia.

These two teams though just have terrible offenses :lol: . Wake had the 127th ranked offense coming into today in terms of points per game, and Va Tech found a way to lose. They had to get into the end zone once. And the thing is, if a team like Wake played a team like Cal, they wouldn't be able to score on them either since they beat themselves more times than not, so if Va Tech had a creative offense (and assuming for argument's sake that offensive coaches ignore the defensive side of the ball to a detriment or that the defense gets worn out, etc.), they would have still won this game. Plain and simple.

I've said in the past that Beamer's time may have passed him, which was probably wrong at the time. Now though, I don't know. Virginia Tech is in year 3 of a nosedive and with an aging coach, it clouds the future even more. I don't know, how do you feel about this, Fanatic?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”