Where is This Coming From?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Where is This Coming From?

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 pm

So apparently after Texas A&M looked completely lost for the last four weeks and with Allen looking like a true freshman against UL Monroe, he is destroying Auburn's secondary today on the road. In other news, after looking awful for two consecutive weeks, Taylor Kelly has come out guns blazing against Notre Dame and the Sun Devils lead the Irish 31-3. Kelly was so mediocre that benching him for Bercovici was probably the right call in their two games against Washington and Utah where they mustered 24 (17 offensive) and 19 points respectively. And then after not being able to throw the forward pass the entire season and coming off of a bye after their ridiculous road loss to West Lunt-less Illinois, Minnesota comes out and completely slaughters Iowa, who was coming off of a 48-7 drubbing of Northwestern. West Virginia has been less effective away from Morgantown this year, but they look completely lost against Texas, down 21-3 in the second quarter.

Ah, college football :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Re: Where is This Coming From?

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 pm

One thing that hasn't changed is Michigan's absolutely brutal offense :lol:

I was going to joke that if Michigan and Penn State lined up every player on offense in a line and picked 11 guys to start for one offense, they might have a good offense, but after careful consideration, odds are that they'd still be awful. :roll:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Eric wrote:One thing that hasn't changed is Michigan's absolutely brutal offense :lol:

I was going to joke that if Michigan and Penn State lined up every player on offense in a line and picked 11 guys to start for one offense, they might have a good offense, but after careful consideration, odds are that they'd still be awful. :roll:

I'm watching the Michigan/NW game...it's been pretty good so far.

I think Michigan will pull this one out. Making NW settle for 3 was big.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Texas A&M is going to drop this one. Auburn is too much for them.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 pm

I sometimes don't understand why teams wait to snap the ball when the know a play is going to get reviewed. Isn't the real that once the ball is snapped for the next play, that the play is no longer reviewable?

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Good win by Michigan!!

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Derek wrote:Good win by Michigan!!

If you meant "as bad as a win can possibly get" when you say "good," then I think I'd agree with you :lol:

I just don't know if anything else can be said about how terrible this offense is. It's the worst-coached offense I can recall seeing at a major college football school in the last decade. I don't know if I'm cheering for Maryland next week or not because I don't want to see this team in a bowl game considering how absolutely miserable they are. They wouldn't deserve one anyway. They beat Miami of Ohio and Appalachian State then they ran into Penn State and Northwestern who almost have offenses that are as bad as Michigan's, and they lucked out with a win each time.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Eric wrote:
Derek wrote:Good win by Michigan!!

If you meant "as bad as a win can possibly get" when you say "good," then I think I'd agree with you :lol:

I just don't know if anything else can be said about how terrible this offense is. It's the worst-coached offense I can recall seeing at a major college football school in the last decade. I don't know if I'm cheering for Maryland next week or not because I don't want to see this team in a bowl game considering how absolutely miserable they are. They wouldn't deserve one anyway. They beat Miami of Ohio and Appalachian State then they ran into Penn State and Northwestern who almost have offenses that are as bad as Michigan's, and they lucked out with a win each time.

Without that RB named Smith...Michigan doesn't have much of an offense. But they are .500 8)

- John Madden

strawman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby strawman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:59 pm

I can't help but feel the football gods called in their marker from Auburn for the luck they had last year against UGA and Bama.
The Coach K Slam - Olympic Champion, World Champion, NCAA Champion, ACC Champion

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Plus last week against Ole Miss 8)

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Georgia wins....Auburn loses....Notre Dame loses. The only thing missing would be a Florida loss. It's been a GREAT week for CFB. :wink:

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Derek wrote:Georgia wins....Auburn loses....Notre Dame loses. The only thing missing would be a Florida loss. It's been a GREAT week for CFB. :wink:

Wait for the Thanksgiving games ... fsu will take it to fla...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:00 am

strawman wrote:I can't help but feel the football gods called in their marker from Auburn for the luck they had last year against UGA and Bama.

That was some wacky finish.

As well as they were moving the ball, the Center snapped it into Marshall's leg, ball rolls back between the Center's legs, and A&M's Left DT saw it & hopped on it quicker than a pitbull on a steak.

Did you see Marshall's reaction when the ball was snapped?

He looked down in a fashion, that seemed as though he thought, "huh? I think I just felt something", then recognized what happened, just a bit too late.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”