ACC...Parity or Mediocrity??

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:16 pm

LOL...I love the passions in college ball but the Canes were out of control...Miami is usually a "hair trigger" team in terms of brawling.... FIU did start this one.

The FIU guy, upset about Miami's showboating, comes in after the extra point and creams the Miami holder, than wails on him. Canes protect their guy...than all hell breaks lose.

I do think the Canes caught more hell from rivals about losing the after game brawl to LSU than they did about losing the game...the Canes weren't going to get knocked around twice and were not going to back off when punched.

Pretty disgraceful on both sides....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Yeah, FIU did start it. What was his name, MacDuffie? What the heck did he think he was going to accomplish? He is like a 5'8, 180 pound CB shoving and trash talking a 6'5, 270 pound lineman :lol:

FIU was overboard and so was Miami's reaction. Both teams should take full responsibility with this.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:59 pm

billybud wrote:Pretty disgraceful on both sides....

Agreed.

colorado_loves_football

Re: ACC...Parity or Mediocrity??

Postby colorado_loves_football » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:36 pm

BlackpowderEER wrote:Is the current situation in the ACC a result of Parity or Mediocrity??

discuss.....
Not sure what you are asking, but if it's in reference to the success of Wake Forest I think it's a result of good coaching combined with outstanding play on both sides of the football, myself. But for a blocked FGA, early in the 4th Q against Clemson, I think we're looking at 6-0 for the Demon Deacons, and inside track on the ACC Championship. As it is, they are 'tied' with Clemson in the Atlantic Division, with games against Fla. St awaiting them. Is FSU 'down'? If they are, they are still pretty good, evidenced in part by their win against Miami (who is still 'pretty good', IMO), and Duke. No, I don't think the ACC is 'down' at all, if anything they are much improved, top-to-bottom.

If you are referring to losses by N.C. St against Akron and S. Mississippi, I need only 'remind' you that Akron was last year's MAC champion (losing to Memphis, a good C-USA team) to finish the year. S. Mississippi was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, otherwise they likely challenge for the C-USA title. So, is a 37-17 win an 'aberration'? No.

Are there some teams that have been 'disappointing'? I suppose. But aren't there always? I'm mostly impressed with the ACC, it might even be the best overall conference, in I-A, IMO. If there is a 'bad' team, i'ts Duke, but they aren't exactly 'known' for being good outside of baketball.

Return to “General Discussion”