Stop Pitching the Ball While Melting Clock!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Stop Pitching the Ball While Melting Clock!!!

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:35 pm

That's on whoever made that call for Georgia Southern, Fritz or the offensive coordinator :roll:

I've seen too many teams lose games when they choke the football away for no reason. Do not put the football at risk. They had four and a half minutes and they called a pitch play with the backup (co-starter?) QB. They scored four touchdowns straight with Kevin Ellison and then Upshaw miraculously comes off of the bench to display his heroics. Absolutely ridiculous. And you want to know why teams like Georgia Southern often don't win these kinds of games, this is Exhibit A.

Also, ECU is choking against Virginia Tech. Eric's upsets specials have a "close, but no cigar" kind of vibe today :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Stop Pitching the Ball While Melting Clock!!!

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Somebody gave ECU the Heimlich maneuver before they turned full blue.

And I hate when a team does something highly unnecessary when what they have been doing worked great and hadn't been stopped. It is crazy!
Last edited by WoVeU on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Maybe Ellison was battling an injury or something, I don't know. Ellison is a good QB; he's the guy that led them to victory against Florida. If he wasn't hurt, there is absolutely zero reason why they had Upshaw in at QB. Just a horrible decision if it wasn't injury-related.

But their defense got absolutely shredded to smithereens in the first half. I knew GSU had a bad defense, but that much was disappointing. If the Eagles could have done a bit more offensively in the first half, they would have won. Well, if they had just held onto the football in the 4th quarter they would have won.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Speaking of coaches putting the ball in jeopardy....Bret Bielema just decided to do a WR reverse pitch in the redzone when the base offense has been working all game. Texas Tech busts it up and the RB pitches it while having the tip of his fingers acting as the only grip and it goes over the WR's head...Texas Tech football. Bielema strikes again :lol:

Razorbacks just left at least three points on the board. That will probably be crucial as the game goes on.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Eric wrote:Speaking of coaches putting the ball in jeopardy....Bret Bielema just decided to do a WR reverse pitch in the redzone when the base offense has been working all game. Texas Tech busts it up and the RB pitches it while having the tip of his fingers acting as the only grip and it goes over the WR's head...Texas Tech football. Bielema strikes again :lol:

Razorbacks just left at least three points on the board. That will probably be crucial as the game goes on.
Play was called by offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and Bielema was not real happy about the call. Many head coaches will delegate play calling to Offensive and Defensive coordinators. Some coaches try to control everything, which I think is a mistake.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Return to “General Discussion”