You guys getting 3 new posts a week?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
ktffan
Head Coach
Head Coach

You guys getting 3 new posts a week?

Postby ktffan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm

This is what happens when you let the flamers take over. Hope those two WVU flamers who left quickly were worth it.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: You guys getting 3 new posts a week?

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Don't know what you are talking about. We have never allowed much flaming. Not many new guys for a while. Mostly the same guys have been here for a long time.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

ktffan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ktffan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

If you bring back CFP, you'll probably increase traffic.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 am

Or you could post a few of your vintage irascible posts and we could huff and puff back and forth some. Like old times.

As an aside...College Football Trivia (the relational database) has not been working for me for some months now....is that site now kaput?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am

ktffan wrote:If you bring back CFP, you'll probably increase traffic.

What do you mean "bring back CFP" This is the CFP board and the main site is CFP. It always has been.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Am I getting senile?

I don't recall WVU flamers. It must have been so far back (pre 2009) that I can't pull it up.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:43 pm

billybud wrote:Am I getting senile?

I don't recall WVU flamers. It must have been so far back (pre 2009) that I can't pull it up.

Yes you are...along with you West Coast friend. I am appreciative of whomever it is that keeps this site as it is. There are plenty of other sites for those that like something different...even though one in particular has shut down!
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:21 pm

We had a guy who liked to push it a little a while back. I believe BlackpowderEER was his name. He was kind of bad for here, but not bad at all compared to other places. The lack of traffic is probably my fault because the way we moderate the board. We tend to let the arguments play out as long as they are civil. We don't allow the name calling. Ktffan is not a flamer at all, but I have seen him on other sites and some of the arguments he gets into break down into name calling and hostility from the other guy. Mostly because Ktffan doesn't get into arguments that he doesn't have the facts to back him up.

I would like to have lots more posters on the board. We do have lots of lurkers, but not many sign up. I just don't want this board to turn into something like the scout, Ohio State board. They have one of the largest participations on any message board, but you can't go there and have a civil argument. Even when most of the board is rooting for the same team. The homerism and SEC jealousy can make you puke. It is probably a small percentage of the overall membership that cause all the problem but it makes the whole thing bad IMO. I don't have to hate the SEC to be an Ohio State fan. Rooting for Florida State in the championship game doesn't make me less a Buckeye. Moderating a board with a Michigan fan or not criticizing the team doesn't make me a fake fan. I believe we let people here be fans of their teams without making them first having to agree with one another or having to agree with me and any of the other moderators.

I don't think I could moderate the board any differently even if it meant more members. I have always liked this board to being like sitting at a bar talking to a bunch of guys about something I like to talk about - college football. I am more of a national college football fan now than I ever was before coming here. I think this site as well as this board does a very good job of representing college football in a fair and easy going way. That is the reason I stayed here. I hope eventually that people come around to that type of thinking.

Being an Ohio State fan used to mean that you didn't like that school up north. I also meant that you did repect them. It also used to mean you could go sit down beside a fan from that team at a game and be civil while rooting for different outcomes. I never felt the need to assault a Michigan fan for being a Michigan fan - or any other team's fan for that matter. Sports are meant to be fun. They aren't life and death. I won't slit my wrists if Ohio State loses six games next year. I enjoy sports and it is my opinion that this board is for people that enjoy good conversation about sports no matter who the root for individually. I think the people who stay here do it for that reason. It would be more fun with more people, but only if the board doesn't break down into something only 15 year old boys will enjoy.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Early winter has been a dead zone for a few years running now. This time of year is a rough time for any sports fan as not much is going on, especially in the college football world.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Eric wrote:Early winter has been a dead zone for a few years running now. This time of year is a rough time for any sports fan as not much is going on, especially in the college football world.

Especially when the weather has been like it has been this year in our neck of the woods. We haven't had a winter like this since I was in high school.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:55 pm

If you like whinners, apologists, cool ade drinkers, colored sunglass wearers; visit

http://kentucky.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=888&fid=1383

especially after a UK loss. Makes most boards seem quiet by comparison.

Actually, I don't mind a quieter board. I know most about UL and some teams nearby; so, I don't post about things (other teams nationwise) I know nothing about. I gave up cable and sports channels a few years back when I retired and got instantly poor; so, I don't get to see many teams out of the local area. However, I do appreciate others posts and threads.

Swamp Daddy :wink:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Spence wrote:We had a guy who liked to push it a little a while back. I believe BlackpowderEER was his name. He was kind of bad for here, but not bad at all compared to other places. The lack of traffic is probably my fault because the way we moderate the board. We tend to let the arguments play out as long as they are civil. We don't allow the name calling. Ktffan is not a flamer at all, but I have seen him on other sites and some of the arguments he gets into break down into name calling and hostility from the other guy. Mostly because Ktffan doesn't get into arguments that he doesn't have the facts to back him up.

I would like to have lots more posters on the board. We do have lots of lurkers, but not many sign up. I just don't want this board to turn into something like the scout, Ohio State board. They have one of the largest participations on any message board, but you can't go there and have a civil argument. Even when most of the board is rooting for the same team. The homerism and SEC jealousy can make you puke. It is probably a small percentage of the overall membership that cause all the problem but it makes the whole thing bad IMO. I don't have to hate the SEC to be an Ohio State fan. Rooting for Florida State in the championship game doesn't make me less a Buckeye. Moderating a board with a Michigan fan or not criticizing the team doesn't make me a fake fan. I believe we let people here be fans of their teams without making them first having to agree with one another or having to agree with me and any of the other moderators.

I don't think I could moderate the board any differently even if it meant more members. I have always liked this board to being like sitting at a bar talking to a bunch of guys about something I like to talk about - college football. I am more of a national college football fan now than I ever was before coming here. I think this site as well as this board does a very good job of representing college football in a fair and easy going way. That is the reason I stayed here. I hope eventually that people come around to that type of thinking.

Being an Ohio State fan used to mean that you didn't like that school up north. I also meant that you did repect them. It also used to mean you could go sit down beside a fan from that team at a game and be civil while rooting for different outcomes. I never felt the need to assault a Michigan fan for being a Michigan fan - or any other team's fan for that matter. Sports are meant to be fun. They aren't life and death. I won't slit my wrists if Ohio State loses six games next year. I enjoy sports and it is my opinion that this board is for people that enjoy good conversation about sports no matter who the root for individually. I think the people who stay here do it for that reason. It would be more fun with more people, but only if the board doesn't break down into something only 15 year old boys will enjoy.

Well said Sir! 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”