Virginia Tech

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:21 pm

i read that beamer kicked him off due to ''numerous legal transgressions and unsportsmanlike conduct in the gator bowl" (for stomping on that guy)

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Holy crap. They really did it.

Wow.

Awesome. Good job by the athletics dept.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:11 pm

It shows Beamer is a stand up guy. It takes guts to do that to the star Qb. It may hurt them in the short term, but it will really help them in the long term. I always thought Vick had problems with the TEAM thing. He may be Michael Vicks brother, but that is where the comparison stops.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 pm

I was talking more attitude.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:14 pm

Thank you, Frank Beamer !!! You have restored my pride in the school and I feel better about the Gator Bowl win already. :D
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:18 pm

Yes! After that drug suspension, I said Beamer should've kicked him off of the team. But, I changed my mind during the course of the season and my opinion was swayed to give him a second chance. After watching him first-hand on many occasions, this guy is as bad a teamate as Terrell Owens will ever be. I could tell he didn't get that team concept like Spence said. Beamer gave Vick his second chance, and he failed. What kind of moron stomps on another player's leg? You have spikes on there you know! Talk about cruel!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

irish88

Postby irish88 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:23 pm

"shows beamers a stand up guy" .

if he were a stand up guy - why didn't he remove vick from the game when he pulled that cheap butt stunt .

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:34 pm

This is a shame. Marcus Vick has loads of talent and it is a pity he has made the choices he has made.

His mother is as fine a person as you will ever meet. I'm sure she is heartbroken.

Don't even compare him to his brother. Michael Vick is a player and never conducted himself the way his brother has chosen to do on a football field. He was awesome on the field ...... I know ..... I watched the Mountaineers try to chase, contain, confuse, beat and everything else him during his college days at Virginia Tech.

I will assure you that Coach Beamer is probably the most disappointed. He gave him chance after chance and was let down. Coach Beamer put his hard earned personal reputation and the hard earned reputation that he built for Virginia Tech on the line for this guy.

There's no one else to blame for this.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Beamer said he didn't see it. I take him at his word.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:40 pm

There is something to be said for not yanking him in the middle of the game, I guess. Kevin Rogers, the QB coach, said he considered telling Frank to do it but didn't want to hurt the rest of the team. Good excuse? I don't know.

I think there was also some disbelief that it was a purposeful incident. I mean, my God, it was just so plain stupid!

After the game and over the next 96 hours, Beamer has probably watched taped replays of that incident 7,000 times.

I think we could have won without him. And if we'd lost without him and BECASUE of him, it would have sent a very clear message not to ever, ever, ever pull that crap again. Now, that message has been sent.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:31 pm

Coach Beamer handled it the right way in my judgement. He waited until he got all the facts and then took what he believes to be appropriate action.

He lived up to his commitment to Marcus Vick, the other players on the team, Virginia Tech and college football.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:15 pm

Fanatic congrats on the Hokies newest commit. Jason Adjepong will be a player. I was hoping this kid would end up a Buckeye. :cry:

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:14 am

Thanks, Spence. Glad to hear this. Got it from you first. Now I have to go read up on him.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:13 pm

He is 6-2, 254 and runs a 4.75 forty. He is from NJ and has a huge upside. We tried very hard for this kid. He will be a star.

We got Robert Rose from Cleveland (Glenville) He is 6-4, 240 and runs a 4.70 forty, but he has only been playing football for 2 years, so he is very raw. Adjepong should be able to get some PT around time for conference play to start. Very nice pick up.

He is a smart kid also, no problems qualifying.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:24 pm

Yeah, good for Coach Beamer. How bad would it have looked if he gave him a slap on the wrist, and he got arrested again.

Return to “General Discussion”