Game Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Game Tonight

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Virginia is going to take on Georgia Tech, and the Yellow Jackets are going to win. Anybody disagree? The Cavs have looked poor this season, it hasn't been pretty. Although I don't think Wyoming or Western Michigan are pushovers, a school like Virginia should handle them with no problem. This could be Al Groh's final season as head man of this team. They've struggled to develop their recruits over the course of his time.

As for GT, I think this is the only team that has played well so far other than Boston College and Clemson. It sounds strange, but I think the ACC will be decided by these 3 teams to step up and challenge Virginia Tech (who I think is on the same level as all of these teams).

Let's see, nothing else much going on tonight...ESPNU will show Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee Tech which might be more exciting than watching Virginia tonight.....Lookie here! I get to watch my Grand Valley State Lakers take on Michigan Tech on CSTV tonight :D GVSU should win handily.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:29 pm

i picked the jackets too :P

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:26 pm

I've got Georgia Tech winning the game too.

Hey, Eric, I'll take Eastern Kentucky and 18 points and bet 25 CFP Bucks.

What say ye? :D

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:02 pm

Im gonna take Tech also.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

mountainman

Re: Game Tonight

Postby mountainman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Eric wrote:The Cavs have looked poor this season, it hasn't been pretty. Although I don't think Wyoming or Western Michigan are pushovers, a school like Virginia should handle them with no problem. This could be Al Groh's final season as head man of this team. They've struggled to develop their recruits over the course of his time.

Something is not right up in Charlottesville .... at least all the signs are pointing in that direction. All those coaches leaving, player issues and the play of the team tells me something is amiss in Cav-land. :?

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:51 pm

have yall noticed calvin johnsons mouthpiece? :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 am

I didnt get to watch all of it...Just most of the 3rd quarter...But that was a country beatin GT put on.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:43 am

mountainman wrote:I've got Georgia Tech winning the game too.

Hey, Eric, I'll take Eastern Kentucky and 18 points and bet 25 CFP Bucks.

What say ye? :D

Sorry, Mountainman, I dozed off from 4-7, woke up, and wanted to rest a little bit but dozed off again until 10 o'clock :cry: :cry:

So pretty much, I missed the entire GVSU/MT game, watched the 4th quarter of the EKU/TTU game, and watched the 4th quarter of the Virgina/GT game. :cry: :cry:

Anyway, what was the deal with Tennessee Tech's uniforms? Those were, uh.....ugly... :?

Virginia just has a sorry offense. I guess there's no other way to put it. GT has a smothering defense, but the offense for UVA has been poor all season long. I think ECU will beat them when the time comes this season.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:40 am

Just my luck ..... :lol:

Final Score: Tennessee Tech - 24, Eastern Kentucky - 14

I coulda' used those 25 CFP Bucks ...... you see Chink has this live-in girlfriend who ........ :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:00 pm

I've got Nevada too, but in a close one. 8)

But I'll be a sport and take the Wildcats straight-up. :lol:

I mean you've got to realize you are dealing with a guy who has had Ohio State as #1 in our forum poll all season, but picked Texas to win their game with the Buckeyes ...... go figure. :wink:

You post the bet so Spence can make the payoff - O.K.?

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Well, EKU didn't play a bad game but Tennessee Tech in those greenish-gold uniforms just played a little bit better. That pass D on the last TD pass wasn't pretty. The Colonel defender got turned around pretty good, I guess there wasn't much he could do.

Mountainman, are you an EKU fan? I noticed they're right around there in them hills n' hollers :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:38 pm

I just kind of keep up with them, Eric. A kid I know played ball for them.

Return to “General Discussion”