M. Mustain named national freshman of the week and SEC....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

M. Mustain named national freshman of the week and SEC....

Postby Dossenator » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:35 pm

Ark. QB Mitch Mustain was named national freshman of the week and SEC freshman of the week after his performance in his first road game and first SEC game. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... LID=610170

What is everyones predictions of the Bama vs. Ark game this Sat? The game is in Fayetteville, Arkansas as is nationally televised by CBS.

Go Hogs!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:46 pm

The early line has Arkansas as a 2 - 2.5 point favorite.

It's going to be a goooooood one. 8)

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:03 am

I hope so. I have seen good Razorback teams get beat by Bama in Fayetteville. I hope the Hogs will be prepared. When games are broadcast on national television it is very important to play well and win. It helps with recruiting and gives your team a little respect with the pollsters.

I know Mustain will make mistakes this year. Maybe they will be few and far between. The hogs will have to do a better job at stopping the run then they did against Vanderbilt...and they will have to rush better as a team as well.

Should be a good one...can't wait until Saturday.

Go Hogs! :D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 am

This one should be pretty tight. I think Alabama will be in Arkansas' face all ballgame. Mustain will have a difficult time dealing with Alabama's D. Of course, Alabama's offense has not been impressive in the least, so they should win a defensive struggle.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”