Regionals...baseball

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Regionals...baseball

Postby WoVeU » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Dossenator wrote:
WoVeU wrote:I'm not surprised about the degrees, I'd have guessed 40 maybe.

1) College is not THE stopping point for the Major Leagues.
2) You don't 4 years of College ball if you go that route to get to the pros.
3) We've got to be around 1/2 foreign players now????

And for the most part, and especially financially, you don't really need the degree. Throw a ball, swing a bat, grab your crotch, and spit sunflower seeds. I got 2 of these down real good like.

Let me guess...the two that won't make you any money.

Bingo! But I'd like to think I bring a particular pizzazz to each of them! And I can swing a bat and throw, well enough that someone would care to watch...I'm thinking no!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:07 pm

donovan wrote:
RazorHawk wrote:LSU showed they were the far superior team and I think they will win it all against the Longhorns.

I think the razorbacks had a great season and showing. LSU is tough and depth did in Arkansas. The final could be good, but there have been some excellent games thus far. Congratulations to Arkansas for doing so well.
No doubt about it, Arkansas was picked for the bottom half of the SEC and won some big games and also in a very exciting come-from-behind fashion. Then topping it off by finishing tied for third in the NCAA tournament, it was a fantastic season.

Oh, and BTW, I am currently watching the 1988 Arkansas vs Texas football game on an old VCR tape while converting it to a DVD. One good thing about getting old, is I don't remember the game. My guess is we won, or I probably wouldn't have kept the tape, but you never know.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Hogs just ran out of players...due to injury and having to use way too many pitchers before the LSU game. LSU was rested and was just simply a deeper team. Finishing 3rd is not too shabby. Now for LSU vs Texas....I wish there was a way they could both lose....but if I have to root for one it has to be for LSU. I can never root for that burnt orange team.

I would love to be watching the 1988 Ark vs Texas football game. The Hogs won the SWC that year if I am not mistaken (the 88-89 season).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Return to “General Discussion”