Nice Win for Virginia Tech

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Re: Nice Win for Virginia Tech

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:29 pm

..fanatic wrote:
silverfox wrote:
billybud wrote:FSU will not face VT...I do not think.

I guess if FSU beats NC and Maryland and Clemson and NC State loses one, it might be possible. FSU does not control its destiny at present.

Too bad that GT's QB, Nesmith, got knocked out before the half...GT would have won that game, I think, with their QB playing in the second half.

Yeah, you are right. FS Will not face VT. It is Miami, I think.

Donovan is right about the MWC. Thats pretty WACked, I think - the way it seems to be turning out. Boise's Achilles heel is its seating size that keeps it from moving forward. Just not big enough to play with the big boys.

I went to the game - it was an epic one to witness in person!

BTW - can't be VT-Miami - they're in same division. NC State controls its destiny in the Atlantic going into today.

Okay Fanatic, I will be a man and admit it. Frank Beamer has done a terrific job with this team :oops:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Maryland and NC State both lose late. FSU back in control of its fate.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Georgia Tech is always a scary affair. Virginia Tech's tackling this year hasn't been as strong as in years past. Too many runs have broken loose for long scores. Bud Foster actually played some tackling people over his normal hard hitting crew but it wasn't enough. The best way to beat the option is to play assignment football and thats not a strong subject at Va Tech. I agree, if Nesbit hadn't broken his arm the game could have ended up differently, but I also blame the Offensive Coordinator for shackling the offense until he was two scores down.

The problem is that Va Tech has three very talented running backs and to keep them happy they each have to get play time, and it's almost impossible to get them all on the field. Instead of splitting the running plays they are trying to increase the amount of runs to give them all more plays. It's nice to have a package to utilize all three but the package also has to work in the game. I know, I know, woe is me, too much talent and not enough game. The good news is that when unleashed the offense can do some great things this year.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 pm

..fanatic wrote:Maryland and NC State both lose late. FSU back in control of its fate.

Except, Fl State lost to No Carolina ... so they are still in the same position before this past weekend.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”