Where's Greta ..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where's Greta ..?

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Yes, I agree. I think even if we are able to reduce emissions we will have very limited effect on what happens. The earth will adjust, we just may not like the adjustment.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Yep, one of the big Calderas, Yellowstone, Philippine Sea,etc, an Asteroid or most likely “The Bomb” a.k.a our own stupidity, long before anything else.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:22 pm

On a brighter note; tomorrow marks the last time my niece, who plays in the pride of West Virginia, gets to run out of the tunnel one last time as a glory hound. She has had a good 4 years at WVU. It has made her a mountaineer for life.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Spence wrote:On a brighter note; tomorrow marks the last time my niece, who plays in the pride of West Virginia, gets to run out of the tunnel one last time as a glory hound. She has had a good 4 years at WVU. It has made her a mountaineer for life.

I know exactly how she feels :D .... I’ll be there, probably sitting in the rain, but there’s a ray hope, the Okie State starting QB is out, we’ll see if the back-up will toss us a couple. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:03 pm

She has had a really good experience in Morgantown. At her graduation when she told me she was going to WVU, I gave her the coonskin cap you sent me. She has had it through her 4 years and it has made several appearances in public. Even at the Macy’s day parade a few years ago.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Tell her to look for a guy sitting on the right side of the Press Box, 7 rows up in the upper deck wearing a Coonskin Cap and a Poncho....... there she’ll find ‘The Mountainman’. :D :D

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Looks like poncho weather in these parts too.

Return to “General Discussion”